domingo, 26 de septiembre de 2010

Christine from Grindavik (Iceland) tells shortly about herself

CHRISTINE BUCHHOLZ on a raid in Mountain bike

Sports and being outdoors has always been an important part of my life. When I was younger I mainly played football and basketball but for the last few years I have started running shorter distances and enjoyed tremendously. I met Anna three years ago and we both had a dream: to run a marathon. For one reason or another we signed up for the Laugavegur run, which is a 55 km tough Icelandic mountain run. That was the point of no return!!

Of course, we needed a new challenge, something more difficult than that so a 100 km run was what we settled on. We decided to do the Madrid-Segovia ultra-marathon because of the nice weather, the beautiful nature and the fact that it seems to be very well organized.

I run about 50-90 km each week, but haven't been able to run as much as planned lately because of a knee injury. I live in a town called Grindavík, very close to the Blue Lagoon, here I can run in the unspoiled nature with no people in sight. There are a lot of old trails in and around the lava many km in every direction.

I am not sure what to expect, because the farthest I've ran in an actual race is 55 km. But what I'm certain of is that the weather will be good, the surroundings beautiful, the people nice, pain, sweat and tears!! The only thing I'm worried about is getting lost in the mountains.

I'll probably think: "What the hell was I thinking!" at some point during the run but it will all be worth it when I finish the race.

Looking forward to seeing you there!!!

1 comentario:

  1. Hi Christine, thats one awesome story so far, and I wish you all the best for our adventure, and I look forward to actually meeting you in Madrid, outside of the interweb! Have a safe journey, Maureen

    ResponderEliminar