viernes, 24 de septiembre de 2010

Anna Sigríður Sigurjónsdóttir's profile


Anna will come to run Madrid-Segovia from Iceland. Here it is her profile
(Anna Sigríður Sigurjónsdóttir) As a teenager I train for swimming. Sports and outdoors aktivities has allways fascinates me.
Through the years I have been running in periods and cycling, but never run long distances until few years ago, when Christine and I did Reykjavík marathon and “Laugavegur” ultra-marathon 55km, after that the long distance bug bit me and I still have the symptoms.
I was really lucky to meet Christine because we share the same interest running in the nature enjoying the peace and magnificent beauty of the landscape and wild live.
For many years I have bean a member of a search and rescue team doing rescue work with dogs in the Icelandic wilderness. Therefore I had the opportunity to spend a lot of time in the wild nature in all kind of weather.
Unfortunately I had to put my running shoes at rest last summer, until November 2009, because of breast cancer. Luckily everything went well with the operation and the treatment, and the shoes don't have holidays anymore.
I did enter the race because I found it challenging to run such a long race in different climate and to enjoy a beautiful Spanish landscape. This summer I ran two mountain trail runs, the Blue Lagoon mountain bike race and Reykjavík marathon.
We have been training quite hard last week’s cycling, hiking and running and I am sure it will be hard to run this 100 km, but I have been looking at the photos from the trail and the beautiful landscape will make it easier. It has been enjoyable to be in contact with the organizer of the Madrid–Segovia race, and it seems to be well organized and I am really looking forward to participate.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario